Summary: In this blog post, we thought we’d share with you some of the best employee engagement moments and success stories from this past year.
At Intranet Connections, our 5 core values are ingrained in our corporate culture, ‘SPICE’: Simplicity, positivity, integrity, creativity and empathy. These are also areas that we celebrate ‘wins’, not just in financial success, but in individual employees, and customers. Below are a few of Intranet Connection’s biggest wins from 2017:
- Broke records including biggest sales quarter, month, and day.
- Hired twelve new team members across all departments, and welcomed one back from maternity leave.
- Surpassed the 600 active customers milestone.
- Launched our software version 14.0 (Intranet Insights) – with a modern technology and APIs, giving customers better analytics.
- Ranked by Capterra in Top 10 Document Management Solutions.
- Introduced monthly Townhall’s to promote company transparency, and implemented staff feedback to make them more engaging.
- Implemented new Customer Success and HR systems.
- Our “Level Up” (mentor) program was created, branded and launched.
- Expanded the office, invested big in infrastructure, and got more parking spots too!
- Added a Nespresso machine. Coffee, coffee, coffee…
- Introduced a small user band for 1-79 employees.
- We had great social events such as disco bowling, go karting, QMFM visit, a scavenger hunt, soccer, cardio blast, 10km Vancouver Sun Run, Halloween, and of course, the ugly Christmas sweater party.
- Learned more about our teammates with our 3 question morning huddle.
- Adopted our first international dog: Diego.
- Gained more global talent and improved diversity within the office, including Brazil, Catalonia, Columbia, Ireland and more.
- Launched a new Help Center, expanding resources to enable support and onboarding.
- Celebrated many employee milestones, including two 5-year anniversaries (Karleen, Cam) and 3 promotions (Marcelo, Michelle, Neil).
It’s important to us to celebrate the wins we experience as a company, as well as individual employee milestones. We’re a small company, but we’re rapidly expanding. Holding onto an engaged workplace requires a lot of effort, and a focus on SPICE. We do this starting from a big picture standpoint, setting our core values, and tie them down into the more granular day to day operations that contribute to the company’s success, as well as improving our employee engagement.
We’d love to hear more about your company’s employee engagement methods! Leave us a comment below to explain how your company celebrates success.