Summary: In this case study, we discuss healthcare mergers and acquisitions, content management systems, and how Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc. applied their intranet during a nationwide company expansion.
When Sarah Santaluce was referred to Intranet Connections in 2015, she compared our product against a few competitors, but ultimately decided our healthcare intranet was the best option. Not only did Intranet Connection provide a central content management system for their multiple locations to collaborate, it promoted organizational acceptance and internal communication.
6 months later, Sarah’s company acquired Amica Mature Lifestyle Inc. Amica had a much larger group of communities and more staff who were already trained on SharePoint. After completing a comparative analysis of the two software’s, Sarah concluded that Intranet Connection’s easy-to-use for non-technical administrators worked best for the company as a whole. Amica’s SharePoint required expensive maintenance and was often outdated. The Search function would pull outdated manuals, some dating back to 2003! It was obvious that Intranet Connections provided a much more user-friendly software than SharePoint, which was important since it was to be managed by non-technical administrators.
Issues with SharePoint Included:
- Expensive technical expertise required to complete all tasks.
- The search function was pulling outdated manuals.
- SharePoint charges per user, which would have resulted in a substantial increase in costs.
Intranet Connections Features That Help Healthcare Mergers and Acquisitions
- Scalability: Intranet Connections provides unlimited phone and email support, in case any questions arise. In the case that an admin turnover occurs, support is available at no additional cost. Product upgrades are included in the support contract to keep the site up to date with the newest features.
- Financial: Streamlined processes and workflows have significantly reduced the amount of time spent on manual admin processes. Additionally, since Amica’s expansion added a significant number of employees, with no accruing costs. We offer a one-time licensing fee that does not grow with a growing team.
- Employee Engagement: Staff can now see who their counterparts are in neighboring communities, should they need support. Communication is fluid and clear. Company-wide recognition is placed right on the main dashboard to boost employee morale.
- Reporting: Intranet Connections provided a convenient location for incident reports to be announced in real time. This has been a major contributor to the prevention of injury for the retirement community residents.
The main deciding factor was the ease-of-use. For someone who wasn’t in IT and lacked a background in tech, Intranet Connections’ out-of-the-box intranet offered a solution as a content management solution, collaborative space for forms and online training, and there was no need for expensive third party consultants or a devoted IT team.
“We could never go back to the old way of processing forms and approvals. Typically, approvals go through 10-12 people and would take 6-8 weeks. When we first launched our Intranet, there was a request submitted in the morning, flowed through all 8 people and was approved that night.” – Sarah Santuluce, Brand Manager (previously project manager) from Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc.
To learn more about how a Healthcare Intranet from Intranet Connections improved business processes for Amica Mature Lifestyle Inc., download the case study.