James Robertson, Managing Director of Step Two Designs, and a recognized thought leader in the intranet sector, recently blogged about his views on social and enterprise 2.0 intranets.
James brought up a good point in that the social intranet solutions he looked at were clean, polished and provided rich social functionality, but that they lacked some very basic intranet capabilities.
- Where do I find HR information, such as the leave policy?
- What about the leave form?
- Can I fill out forms online?
- Is there any “corporate” information at all, or is everything organized by teams?
- Where are the links to my key tools?
- From a corporate perspective, how do I manage what’s displayed on the homepage?
Social interaction on an intranet site is very powerful. It engages employees, builds community, can help with user adoption and gives employees a voice; however when evaluating social intranet solutions, ensure that the solution meets the business needs of your employees.
Click here to view James full blog post, and the comments answering his question “Am I Missing Something?”